Grafana cloud is a practical solution provided for users. Serverless. No need to provide a dedicated server then install grafana from scratch. With grafana cloud users just need to create an account and can use the grafana monitoring and alert features. And for sure it is free.
In official website, grafana introducing a brand-new Grafana Cloud free plan that gives you everything you need for monitoring: Prometheus and Graphite for metrics, Loki for logs, and Tempo for tracing, all integrated within Grafana. In a recent CNCF survey, Prometheus and Grafana were the top two observability tools cited by end users
A forever free plan
The new Grafana Cloud free plan is a composable observability solution, with metrics and logs integrated within Grafana, and it’s managed by us completely for free. We’re focused on bringing real-time monitoring to our users’ hands as quickly as possible, with as little configuration as necessary.
This plan includes:
- 10,000 series for Prometheus or Graphite metrics
- 50 GB of logs
- 500 VUh of k6 testing
- 14 day retention for metrics and logs
- Access for up to 3 team members
Create Grafana Cloud Account
Sure, for sysadmin a tool monitoring is an eye. Grafana cloud provide us beautiful monitoring.
To create an account on Grafana Cloud, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to https://grafana.com/signup and choose a plan. You can start with a free trial of Grafana Pro or a free forever plan with limited features.
- Enter your email address and a password. You can also sign up with Google, GitHub, Microsoft or Amazon accounts.
- Click Create my account and check your email for a verification link. Click the link to activate your account.
- Log in to Grafana Cloud with your credentials and start using Grafana, Loki and Tempo services.
After login, we direct to set subdomain for our grafana dashboard.
Click “finish setup”. Here is example dashboard from Linux Integration.
Next article, how to integration host linux server for grafana cloud.